Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Happy Feelings

When I was younger I had an aunt that loved Frankie Beverly and Maze. My favorite song was and still is Happy Feelings. I just liked the smoothness of it and of course the runs. I listen to it whenever I feel down, lonely and mostly when I fire up the grill. What's s bbq without good music? As a child I thought it was a love song, as an adult I thought it was about getting high. Don't judge me, almost all music from that era was about that. So today I realize, once again, I'm wrong.
I have this habit of putting a spiritual spin on r and b songs. In this case however, I think the song was made with spirituality in mind. He says

"I've got myself to remind me of love, I've got my mind and my heart and I believe in above."

How beautiful is that? People, myself look for outside sources of happiness from people and material things, we tend to forget that the door to happiness is always open. If it happens to close, guess who has the key? You do! It shouldn't take much to be happy. If you wake up and have your mind, you can stay focused on God and all the favor he shows and that should be enough to put a smile on your face. You have your heart to inspire you to help others and show compassion, what better feeling is there?

He also says

"I've seen the light, watched it shine down on me, I'm gonna spread my wings and tell all I see".

Of course God is the light and as I spread my wings in His love, believe I'll tell the world of His goodness and you should too. His goodness is simpler than your home, job, car, support system or whatever. It's just him giving you the mind and heart to know of His goodness and being comfortable there. Isn't that something to be happy about?

So no matter what you are given, what is taken away, who you have, who you don't have, remember you've got YOURSELF to remind you of love, and along with Gods grace, thats all you need.

This post is dedicated to my aunt Angela Simpson. 9-30-53   to 7-20-12.

No comments:

Post a Comment